Date: 14th July 2010 at 11:26am
Written by:

Dundee United midfielder Prince Buaben was refused entry into Germany as the Arabs squad travelled to their pre-season training camp in Austria.

The 22-year-old Ghanaian was taken away by police at Munich airport after being caught without a visa, and after hasty negotiations to allow the player to continue to travel failed, he was promptly despatched back to Dundee.

The incident took place after the United squad had endured a turbulent flight and landing amidst an eerie backdrop of a heavy and threatening thunderstorm.

“He didn`t have a proper visa because he has a Ghanaian passport,” Arabs boss Peter Houston told the Daily Record. “I don`t know if he should have known or we should have known.

“Prince is back in Dundee and he will rejoin us on Wednesday. They didn`t let him through passport control.

“Last week it happened to a bigger club and their African boys weren`t allowed in the country,” he continued. “It happens regularly when teams arrive in Germany.

“I don`t know if Prince has been told about it before but he can`t have because he would have said something and we`d have got it sorted out.”

Join The Vital Debate